Roshni which means 'light' was established in 1992 to create a safe, women only, space for marginalized South Asian women in Sheffield.
Our vision is to see South Asian women thriving.
Our mission is the empowerment of women from disadvantaged backgrounds; transforming lives.
We provide a wide range of cultural and language specific services and activities to enable women in the city to improve their wellbeing and achieve economic stability.
- Provide a central resource of information and guidance, to ensure Asian women are aware of their rights and options.
- Offer support and assistance, to promote wellbeing.
- Help Asian women to trust themselves and believe in themselves.
- Offer appropriate training at our centre.
- Support and coach women to set goals for themselves to improve their financial situation and wellbeing.
- Raise health awareness on specific health issues to enhance physical and mental wellbeing.
- Empower women in the use of social and welfare agencies and mainstream services.
- Campaign on issues related to Race and Gender, both at a community level and at an organizational level.
- Explore, celebrate and promote Asian culture in the context of a modern setting.