Roshni Health and Well-being Services focus on improving your physical and mental wellbeing
Roshni provides Self Directed Support Services through the Sheffield City Council Framework Agreement for the provision of Befriending Support for women with significant physical or mental health needs. We are currently supporting a number of women across the city, who have been allocated a social care budget, to receive services specific to their individual needs. We have staff with cultural expertise and skill sets to speak a range of languages including Bengali, Hindi, Punjabi, Mirpuri and Urdu. This enables women with personal budgets to choose support services where their cultural, religious and linguistic needs can also be met.
Roshni can help women who are eligible for social care support by providing:
- Befriending support in the home to help alleviate loneliness and isolation
- Support with getting out and about to help engage with groups and activities across the city
- Help with access to weekly activities, monthly group sessions and one-off events and day trips
- Help with independent living by assisting with the employment of a personal advisor (PA) who can help with shopping, escorting, paying bills, attending appointments etc.
- Help support individuals who are seeking Employment, Training and Volunteering opportunities
- Home visiting/Advocacy service for vulnerable women in need of practical and emotional support
If you have a social care budget and want to find out more about the help that you can receive, please contact the Roshni Centre.
Mental Health Advocacy Service
Roshni is part of the People Keeping Well Community which is strand 1 of Sheffield’s Better Care Fund and is focused on community-based prevention activity that can help to prevent and delay people needing to access health and social care services.
If you would like to find out more about this service for local women in the area, please contact the Roshni Centre.